The Association of Private Pet Cemeteries & Crematoria (APPCC) was established in 1993 and has grown into a well respected organisation whose membership includes some of the top specialist pet cemeteries and crematoria in the country.
Becoming a member of the APPCC will help you in the following ways:
1. A detailed inspection that will ensure you adhere to the APPCC consumer Code. This is not only an inspection for the Association but should be looked on as positve feedback that you can take and improve on the running of your business. It ensures you adhere to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations and enables you to display the “independently inspected and approved” logo that sets you apart from others.
2. Industry Specific Training Modules – in depth training modules developed with the help of human crematoria.
3. Access to the Members Website containing all the information needed to set up and run your own business, links to vital information and downloadable information sheets.
4. Promotion – we aim to promote your service to the general public and veterinary profession through
- Your details and links on our website
- regular press releases and media coverage
- advertorials in pet magazines
5. Pet Bereavement leaflet – use of our bereavement leaflet developed with a leading author.
6. APPCC Logo and Code of Practice – Signing up will demonstrate to pet owners and the veterinary
profession the high standards of service you intend to deliver. By promoting the Association and all it stands for in the Code of Practice you have access to a valuable marketing tool with which to enhance your reputation and give pet owners added confidence in your services.
7. Keep ahead of change – You will be kept informed of any legislative changes and developments within the industry.
8. Support from industry experts – Being a member allows you to gain access to the knowledge and experience of other members. We have twice yearly meetings held around the country near to members’ sites.
9. Access to advice
- direct from the technical officers in the legislative agencies that regulate our industry
- through information sheets on our members only website
- through our nationwide helpline that is personally answered during office hours
You will receive a certificate of Association Membership. This will authorise the use of the APPCC logo on stationary etc. for so long as you maintain membership. Should you decide to not to renew membership, then this privilege will be withdrawn and all stationary etc. should be purged of any association with us within three months of ceasing to be a member.
10. Business Insurance Special Rates – You will have access to the special rates offered by our partner service for business and vehicle insurance. Members have found the savings over their previous insurances have more than covered their membership fees.
Full Membership is available to existing facilities that satisfy our Code and Practice and pass a site inspection. Fees are £350 per annum for existing members.
Existing facilities that wish to join will need to undergo the independent inspection program. This costs £600 (plus VAT, payable to the inspectors) and, even without membership, is a very useful assessment to have for a business. Once passed the first year’s membership will be free. Normal membership fees will apply for subsequent years
CONTACT US NOW
Those looking to start a facility that would eventually be entitled to full membership may be granted provisional membership. The current first year fee stands at £540 and includes
- Attendance at Association meetings without voting rights.
- Access to the Association members website giving information on starting up, training, regulations, the pet bereavement industry and Associate businesses.
- Advice and assistance from the Association.
After the first year provisional membership may be continued with the current rate set at £350 per annum.
CONTACT US NOW
Cemetery Only Membership is available to those who just operate Pet Cemeteries and are not involved in cremation. Fees are £198 per annum.
CONTACT US NOW
Pet Funeral Arranger Membership
Those who do not run pet crematoriums or cemeteries but wish to offer services can apply for Pet Funeral Arranger Membership (PFA).
Arrangements for the services have to be made with a full member of the Association. This can be anything from a simple referral system to a full pet undertaking enterprise. All arrangements must operate under the terms of both the Full Membership and the Pet Funeral Arranger Codes of Practice.
Pet Funeral Arrangers will be expected to visit the premises they are working with and fully understand the work and the standards of care throughout the whole process, from collection to burial or return of ashes. Pet owners must be fully aware of the service offered and be presented with a detailed breakdown of the charges.
The interaction between the member and the pet funeral arranger must ensure that both operate within the Codes and any evidence or doubts about the services must be reported to the Directors for investigation. It is hoped that this constant vigilance will maintain the high standards the Association has set for the pet funeral sector.
Pet Funeral Arrangers are allowed to display the PFA logo which will become a symbol of trust and quality within the pet bereavement sector.
Membership fees are £91 per annum for a single outlet and £20 per annum for each additional outlet.
CONTACT US NOW
International Membership is open to those operating pet cemeteries or crematoria outside the UK and Ireland. Currently legislation advice will not apply but members will have access to all operational advice. Fees are £160 per annum.
We are looking for people to help organise networks in individual countries.
CONTACT US NOW
Supplier Membership is open to those businesses who sell to the pet bereavement sector.
Evidence of workmanship or service is required before membership can be granted. This may be in the form of samples of goods or testimonials from existing members of the Association.
Membership fee is currently set at £91.00 per annum.
Supplier Members will benefit by
- The right to use the Association logo on letters, advertisements and packaging.
- Being listed on the Association website.
- The opportunity to contribute to discussion on all aspects of pet bereavement and in particular their special subjects.
- The fact that members are encouraged to use Supplier Members for their supplies and other services.
- By widening the membership to include these quality businesses all Association members will gain further expertise and help to build firm relationships throughout the industry.
The overall result will be to improve and control standards of service to the public nationwide.
We hope that you will give our membership scheme a try and see the benefits for yourself. The Association is run by the members, for the members and any assistance is warmly welcomed.
CONTACT US NOW
For further information on joining and membership fees please use the contact link above or call our helpline 01252 844478.